Shaved Spring Salad with Creamy Tarragon Vinaigrette (Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Vegan Friendly)
Light, delicious, and colorful this beautiful spring salad is covered in a bright, creamy dressing made from yogurt and fresh tarragon.
- 10 asparagus stalks, the thicker the better
- 4 large radishes or 6 small
- 4 carrots tricolor if available
- 2-3 heads of frisée
Creamy Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt of choice Greek, coconut, etc
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp water for thinning dressing
For the salad:
Cut the bottoms off of the washed heads of frisée and place in a large, shallow bowl.
Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus and carrots lengthwise into strips.
Discard the remnants of vegetable that are too thin to shave.
Using a mandolin, or a sharp knife, very thinly slice radishes.
Top the frisée with the prepared vegetables.
For the dressing:
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk well until emulsified. Add 1 or 2 Tbsp of water to thin it to desired consistency.
Top the salad with the dressing, toss, and enjoy!