We are in full on Christmas mode over here, and that means all the sounds, tastes, and smells we can get. This Christmas simmer pot is like a potpourri made on your stovetop, covered with water and slowly releasing all of those festive smells into the air.
“What else can I use?”
- If you don’t have rosemary, you can clip a few branches off of your Christmas tree instead. This will give a pine or fir note (a nod to this favorite holiday candle) to the mixture that is really lovely.
- If you don’t have cinnamon sticks, you can use some ground cinnamon in its place.
- No whole cloves? You can use ground, or omit.
Christmas Simmer Pot Home Fragrance
- Large dutch oven or pot
- 1 orange, sliced
- 4-5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 10 whole cloves
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and fill with water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 3-5 hours, topping up with water every 30 minutes as needed to cover ingredients.