Love caesar salad dressing but not always crazy about eating raw egg?
I feel you.
I love a classic caesar, but for everyday, I actually prefer this avocado based dressing. It’s bright, creamy, tart, and delicious. Best of all it comes together in minutes and will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
It’s become a staple in my kitchen for a reason.
“what else can I use?”
- Both anchovies and anchovy paste can be used in this dressing. If you’re using paste, about a teaspoon should be great.
- If you don’t want to use anchovy, the flavor will change, but it’ll still be a delicious dressing. Use a bit more salt and lemon to taste.
- Sometimes I throw about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of fresh parmesan in the dressing when I fancy it.
You’ll grow to love this healthy, creamy avocado caesar salad dressing as much as the original, if not more. I love it on everything from salads to chicken burrito bowls and a dip for fresh veggies. Enjoy!
Avocado Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted peeled and halved
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 anchovies or 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 tbsp water
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender, only using 4 Tbsp of water initially.
- Blend, scraping the sides as needed, until smooth.
- Continue to add water, 1 tbsp at a time, until the consistency you'd like is reached.
- This will oxidize a bit with time, but keeps in the fridge up to one week.